Thursday, November 25, 2010

Since I was completely diverted from my area of interest that is photography, my mentor suggested me that I should probably get back to my area of interest because, I should do something not for sake of doing it but keep up my interest and take it forward.

so again I sat down to find out more topics related to photography. I went through a lot things, like lomography, importance of photography in advertising industry study works of 3 established photographes.Then , after going through a lot of things I came across a term 'Fine Art Photography' as I went into more details about this topic, it gained my interest and i wanted to know more about it so therefore I decided onto this topic and took my research forward.

3 rd Proposal

Research Proposal

Name: Pallavi Arora

What is the theme or topic area that you are hoping to investigate in your research project?

To understand the concept of fine art photography and how is it evolving as an art form in India.

Can you identify two or more questions that the research will help you go some way towards answering?

1. Who are the famous people who practice fine art photography in India?

2. What is the current scenario and knowledge about fine art photography in India?

3. What is the potential of fine art photography as an art form in India.

What sort of approaches will you employ to collect data for your research enquiry? For Example if you were going to interview students- how many would you interview? What sorts of themes would you be questioning them about?

Interview photographers in general

Established

Budding

Students

Gallery owners

buyers

focused group discussion

What is the purpose of your research? Why is it useful?

As I want to pursue photography as a career, studying this genre of photography will help me increase my knowledge in this field. Since I have limited knowledge in this field I would like to know more about it as I am quite fascinated by it. This will also make me understand what fine art as an art form is, which a communication designer should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment